Volunteer Work Day at the Michigan Campus, Saturday, May 20th
Are you looking for a spring project that will positively impact your community? We invite you to spend the day with us on Saturday, May 20th, helping prepare our Michigan grounds and facilities for the busy summer camp season! It’s a great opportunity to serve disadvantaged boys and girls locally by maintaining a safe, fun environment for them. A delicious lunch will be provided. For more details or to sign up, please contact Kristen at (517) 569-3328 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Invite your youth group, small group, or family!
Arizona Volunteer Projects
Winter is a great time for volunteer projects at the Arizona campus! Over the past few months, volunteers have given hundreds of hours of service, accomplishing such tasks as painting, repairing termite damage at our Children’s Chapel, remodeling the Petting Barn, and installing new vinyl covers on the chairs in our dining hall. Volunteers are also busy constructing a new bouldering wall that will be a safe, fun adventure for the children. We are incredibly grateful for our many volunteer couples who regularly give of their time and talents to keep our campus running smoothly for the children!
Interested in Volunteering?
Volunteers make our ministry possible and impact the lives of thousands of disadvantaged children each year. Visit www.youthhaven.org/volunteer to learn more about our volunteer opportunities!
Volunteers Make This Ministry Possible!
Volunteer Work Day
We would like to thank the many wonderful volunteers who were part of our Volunteer Work Day on Saturday, May 14! We are so grateful for their help with cleaning, landscaping, and a variety of other projects to make sure our grounds and facilities were ready for summer camp! At the Michigan campus, cold, dreary weather didn’t stop our terrific team of volunteers, who cheerfully worked throughout the day. At the Arizona campus, we enjoyed working with an incredible team of Family Life Radio volunteers. Our long-standing relationship with FLR as sister ministries is a tremendous blessing to us and the children we serve.
Servant Event volunteers spent a week with us at our Michigan campus, where they helped with brush clean-up, painting, mowing, and other important maintenance projects. They also began the construction process for a walk-through maze that will be an exciting new children’s activity in our adventure trail.
We are incredibly grateful for so many volunteers who partner with us through serving. To our Adopt-a-Facility volunteers, our Lansing Christian volunteers, those who helped with our Pancake Breakfast, and the many other groups and individuals who serve so faithfully, thank you! We couldn’t do what we do without you!
Volunteer Work Day
at the Michigan Campus
Saturday, May 14, 2016
Join us at the Michigan campus on May 14th for Youth Haven’s Work Day! It’s a great opportunity to make a difference in the lives of disadvantaged children by helping Youth Haven prepare for the very busy and exciting summer program! There will also be games, prizes, fellowship with Youth Haven staff and other volunteers, and a delicious cook-out lunch prepared by our fabulous children’s chef!
Potential work projects include:
- housekeeping in the children’s cabins and facilities
- clothing barn organization
- grounds beautification
- tree removal and wood work
- small construction projects
- various other projects to help get our campus summer-ready!
We invite you to work alongside our staff to prepare the facilities and
grounds to be a fun and safe environment for these very deserving children! Bring your friends and family!
Space is limited, so please pre-register with Youth Haven’s Volunteer Coordinator, Bethany Peterson, by April 22. Please call 517-569-3328 or email her at email@example.com as soon as possible!
Thanks for all you do! We hope to see you there!
Special Christmas opportunity at the Michigan campus:
Help serve Christmas dinner to the children on a Saturday in December! It’s a fun, easy way to show them they are loved and valued. Contact Stephanie at 517-569-3328 to sign up!
Featured Fall Volunteer Group
Approximately 16 volunteers (some pictured below) from Robbins United Methodist Church and Mendon United Methodist Church worked 5 full days helping us complete many projects around the Michigan campus. Those projects included:
- Installing cubbies to hold personal belongings in the children’s bathrooms
- Sanding/staining building doors
- Cleaning the Hayloft Family Ministries Center
- Cleaning up playgrounds
- Tree work; cutting up large logs
- Staining restroom privacy fences
- Spreading mulch/pulling weeds
We are grateful for this group of volunteers, and all of our wonderful volunteers who help make our ministry possible! If you have an interest in volunteering or would like to get your group involved, please contact Stephanie Ludwig, our Volunteer Coordinator, at 517-569-3328 or 520-466-3093!
Volunteers from New Life Bible Fellowship in Tucson, along with our Arizona staff
Recent Arizona Ranch Projects:
- Storage building converted into a staff lounge/conference room
- Covered wagons refurbished for use by the children
- Manager’s home bathroom remodeled and water damage from deteriorating tiles and pipes repaired
- Kitchen help
- Care of the animals at the Petting Barn
- Craft time with the kids
- Clothing barn organization and general cleaning
Recent Michigan Ranch Projects:
- Painting of privacy fences and welcome signs
- Removal and cutting up of dead trees
- Power washing playgrounds
- Repair of chicken coop fencing
- Helping with flooding cleanup/repairs in the Hayloft
- Mowing and weeding
Interested in giving your gifts and talents as a volunteer? Contact Stephanie at 517-569-3328 (Michigan) or 520-466-3093 (Arizona), or visit www.youthhaven.org.
Servant Event Volunteers at the Michigan Ranch
Here are a few important jobs that have been completed at both campuses with the help of our amazing volunteers. We cannot say thank you enough to the many volunteers who help us keep our children’s program running safely and smoothly!
At the Arizona Ranch:
- Installation of new underground wiring for several buildings around the grounds
- Relocation of covered wagons to a shaded area to reduce sun damage and heat inside the wagons
- Leveling of roof and addition of walls to pavilion to create an additional indoor activity space for the children
- Remodeling of kitchen, including installation of new stainless steel countertops and refinishing of the floor
- Addition of a stage in the children’s chapel
At the Michigan Ranch:
- Installation of a new roof at our Hayloft Family Ministries Center, due to damage from the harsh winter of 2014
- Re-covering of chairs for use at special dinners for the children and in our Family Ministries Center
- Deep cleaning and treatment of children’s bunk beds
Several volunteers and volunteer groups are already scheduled to help with various projects this spring, as we prepare for our busy summer season. If you or your group would like to help, please contact our Volunteer Coordinator, Stephanie Ludwig, at 517-569-3328 or 520-466-3093!